ACS:LAWs Andrew Crossley suspended for TWO Years :UPDATE 2
ACS:LAWs Andrew Crossley has been suspended for Two years and
fined had costs awarded against him of over £70,000.
The lead ringmaster of a Copyright Trolls/Speculative Invoicing campaign he admitted to Six Charges levelled at him by the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal. (Here is a Brief History of Speculative Invoicing)
Crossley ADMITTED the following charges: (1 ,2 ,3, 4, 5, and 6, no#7 was dropped)
1) Allowed his independence to be compromised
2) Acted contrary to the best interests of his clients
3) Acted in a way that was likely to diminish the trust the public places in him or in the legal profession
4) Entered into arrangements to receive contingency fees for work done in prosecuting or defending contentious proceedings before the Courts of England and Wales except as permitted by statute or the common law
5) Acted where there was a conflict of interest in circumstances not permitted, in particular because there was a conflict with those of his clients
6) Used his position as a Solicitor to take or attempt to take unfair advantage of other persons being recipients of letters of claim either for his own benefit or for the benefit of his clients.
7) Acted without integrity in that he provided false information in statements made to the Court.
Crossley gave the Court Testimonials, like Character references from people who knew him… these included
Alistair Logan OBE – His ex partners father!
Raymond Murphy – senior solicitor at Merriman White (Himself subject of a SDT Tribunal)
Mark West – a barrister and recorder
Edward Parladorio – (Terence Tsangs new employer)
David Fisher – Birchwood – ( Part of the GCB debacle)
Nicolas Underwood – “Ray Santilli – Orbital Media
Oh and Lee Bowden of Piri Ltd…
Also Crossley stated the he had been offered FIVE different positions recently but he could not take FOUR them as the firms could not get insurance, the other firm withdrew when the circumstances surrounding these issue were known.
One other snippet is that Crossley has NOT paid his £800 fine from the ICO. The Fine was £1000, but was reduced by 20% for a prompt payment, this it seems did not happen, and so he would still owe a £1000 (Maybe part of the bankruptcy)
This was Andrew Crossleys THIRD appearance before the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal, (First one here) (Second one here) one wonders what it would take to protect the public from a bag legal situation. The Law Society put “Solicitors from Hell” website offline, saying they would deal with bad legal situations, I have to say personally, for the now nearly THREE years I and many others have been involved fighting this corner this punishment does NOT fit the bill…..
UPDATE 1: According to “The Lawyer” Crossley claimed that his internet service provider (ISP) had been negligent, adding that he intended to sue the provider when he had more money. Good luck with that one!
UPDATE 2: Mike Wallace (Darker Enterprises) in writing at the hearing. “ACS Law has helped us significantly in the last few months, we have also seen a small increase in DVD sales. In looking through various internet forums, we’ve seen them having an effect on filesharers.” Hmmmm, treated with contempt it deserves I think is the word here!
More updates as they appear.
- @iamONEEYEDJACK @bpaw69 @OpenRightsGroup He means ORG, we don't put words in your mouth. "as that is the theme of the series" ..Your words 20 hours ago
- @bpaw69 @iamONEEYEDJACK @OpenRightsGroup Disgusting, and Oh yeah, Hypocritical.. #disgusted 20 hours ago
- @iamONEEYEDJACK @bpaw69 If Bpaw posted such disgusting crap, I would break from him/her regardless if it were connected to this protest 2 days ago
- @iamONEEYEDJACK @bpaw69 Nothing, but we are wondering why you haven't broken from him, after his admission. 2 days ago
- @iamONEEYEDJACK @bpaw69 Trust me, there are a lot of people watching this, they may not be responding, but they are definitely watching... 3 days ago